WHY DO WE WEAR RED ON THURSDAYS
Brothers and Sisters
- As another year approaches since Gerry's passing, it occurs to me that some of you may not know why CWA brothers and sisters wear red on Thursday's. Below is a brief explanation into why we wear red. On August 15, 1989, NYNEX worker and Chief Union Steward for CWA Local 1103, Gerald Horgan, was killed while walking a picket line. CWA and IBEW brothers and sisters in NY were on strike for health care benefits at the time. A hired scab during the strike accelerated her vehicle, broke through the picket line, struck and killed Gerry. Gerry was a veteran of the US Marine Corps, a community activist, a volunteer fire fighter, part of a rescue squad in NY and a husband and father of 2 young children. We wear red to demonstrate that Gerry's sacrifice was not in vain. His spirit is with us each time we pursue justice in the workplace. You will see your CWA Leadership team wearing red in a display of unity and to remind you that you are not alone out there. Your union is committed to standing next to you, and if you aren't already doing so, we welcome you to start wearing red on Thursday's, too.
In Solidarity -
Please feel free to contact Devon McLaughlin or Curtiss Cooper with any questions Here
I hope everyone has a great summer and remember, WE DON'T WORK FOR FREE!
Look on the Home Page for Upcoming Events
Visit our Calendar Page for scheduled Meeting dates
- June 2, 2022
- o Personal email addresses NEEDED to stay in touch and up-to-date. CCBC email addresses cannot be used for union business. Forward to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary Scale: The College will adjust the salary scale as follows effective July 1, 2022. There shall be no longevity recognition in FY2023
- Each range of the salary scale will be increased by one 3% step at the top of the scale.
- Grade CL1 will now have 15 steps.
- Grade CL2 will now have 16 steps
- Grades CL3 – CL7 will now have 17 steps
HAVE A SUGGESTION FOR THE NEXT CONTRACT NEGOTIATION?
SEND YOUR EMAILS TO : MAIL@CWA2100.ORG